A car video recorder, also commonly referred to as a dash cam, is a small camera that is mounted on the dashboard or windshield of your car. The purpose of a dash cam is to continuously record footage of your surroundings while you are driving. This footage can be used for a number of different purposes, such as providing evidence in the event of an accident or documenting scenic drives.
If you are interested in purchasing a car video recorder, there are a few things you should keep in mind before making your purchase. In this blog post, we will provide you with a buying guide that covers what features to look for, the pros and cons of owning a dash cam, where to find reviews, and how much you can expect to spend. By the end of this post, you will have all the information you need to make an informed decision about whether or not a car video recorder is right for you.
What Features to Look for When Shopping for a Car Video Recorder
There are a number of different features that you might want to consider when shopping for a car video recorder. Some of the most important features to keep in mind include:
- Continuous Recording: One of the most important features of a dash cam is its ability to continuously record footage. Most dash cams are designed to automatically start recording when they detect motion or when the ignition is turned on. Once recording starts, the dash cam will continue to record until it is turned off or until it runs out of storage space.
- Loop Recording: Loop recording is another essential feature for any dash cam. This feature allows the dash cam to automatically overwrite older footage that is no longer needed once the memory card reaches capacity. This ensures that the dash cam will always have enough space available to record new footage.
Field of View
The field of view is the angle at which the camera can record footage. A wider field of view means that the camera can capture more footage and potentially avoid blind spots. However, a wide field of view can also distort images and make objects appear further away than they actually are. As such, it is important to find a balance between too narrow and too wide of a field of view when shopping for your dash cam.
Pros and Cons of Owning a Car Video Recorder
Like any piece of technology, there are both pros and cons to owning a car video recorder. Some of the benefits of owning a dash cam include
- providing evidence in the event of an accident;
- catching hit-and-run drivers;
- documenting scenic drives;
- deterring potential thieves; and
- catching insurance fraudsters.
Some potential drawbacks of owning a car video recorder include:
- requiring regular maintenance
- being distracting while driving;
- taking up valuable dashboard real estate; and
- costing money upfront.
Where to Find Reviews Before Purchasing Your Dash Cam
If you are still undecided about whether or not you want to purchase a car video recorder, one way to help you make up your mind is by reading reviews from other consumers who have already made their purchases. You can find reviews for Dash Cams on Amazon, Best Buy’s website, and various other online retailers. When reading reviews, pay close attention to both positive and negative feedback in order to get an accurate idea about what others think about their experience with their dash cam purchase..” Common Problems You Might Encounter after Making Your Purchase” After making your purchase and using your new Dash Cam for some time, there are some common problems that might crop up that you should be aware of.” These problems include:” – Failing microSD cards; – Inconsistent power supply; – Frozen videos files; – Corrupted videos files.” If any of these problems occur,” don’t hesitate to reach out to customer support from either the retailer where purchased your Dash Cam or directly from the manufacturer.” How Much You Can Expect To Spend on Your New Car Video Recorder” The amount that you can expect to spend on your new car video recorder will vary depending on factors such as brand,” quality,” storage capacity,” etc.” However, the” general rule of thumb is budget anywhere between $100-$300+.”
” In conclusion,” buying a new Dash Cam great way to protect yourself while driving.” By taking time to research and find one that fits both needs and budget,” sure investing in something will bring years of enjoyment.