In the market for a new pillow? You’re not alone. Pillows are one of those things that you don’t really think about until they’re no longer doing their job, and then suddenly you can’t imagine life without a good one. With so many options on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. But never fear! This guide will help you sort through the sea of pillows to find the perfect one for you.
My Pillow vs. Bamboo Pillow: What’s the Difference?
There are two main types of pillows on the market today: My Pillows and Bamboo Pillows. My Pillows are made from a polyester blend, while Bamboo Pillows are made from—you guessed it—bamboo. Both types of pillows have their pros and cons, which we’ll break down for you below.
My Pillow Pros
- More affordable than bamboo pillows
- Available in a variety of firmness levels
My Pillow Cons
- Not as durable as bamboo pillows
- Can lose shape over time
- Not as eco-friendly as bamboo pillows
Bamboo Pillow Pros
- More durable than My Pillows
- Made from natural, eco-friendly materials
- Retains shape better than My Pillows
Bamboo Pillow Cons
- More expensive than My PillOWS
- Not available in as many firmness levels
- Not machine washable
So, which type of pillow is right for you? That really depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you’re looking for an affordable, machine-washable pillow that’s available in a variety of firmness levels, then a My Pillow is probably your best bet. However, if you’re looking for a more durable pillow that’s made from eco-friendly materials, then a Bamboo pillow is probably a better choice for you. No matter what type of pillow you choose, we hope you find the perfect one for you!